Sent to you via Google Reader
Winston Churchill was loved and hated by many. He was an iconic leader who was known for his rebellious and stubborn nature. But it was these traits that saw him achieve a great deal with his life.
Churchill has much to teach us about courage, persistence and leadership. He pushed through years and years of failure to eventually hold office for an incredible 60 years. He was known for facing problems head-on and for 'never ever giving up.'
Churchill is referred to as one of the most influential people in British history, so why not learn from his successes and failures?
Here are 20 of my favorite Winston Churchill quotes. Read them slowly and take away a nugget of inspiration from the man who was known for his no nonsense approach to life.
20 Inspiring Quotes from Winston Churchill:
- "Attitude is a little thing that makes a BIG difference."
- "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts."
- "If you're going through hell, keep going."
- "History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it."
- "Never, never, never give up."
- "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
- "You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
- "Eating words has never given me indigestion."
- "When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."
- "The price of greatness is responsibility."
- "Out of intense complexities, intense simplicities emerge."
- "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil tears and sweat."
- "The empires of the future are the empires of the mind."
- "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak, it's also what it takes to sit down...