Thursday, June 10, 2010

Whiteboard Magic about Motivation, by Daniel Pink

Whiteboard magic:


Above is a remarkable 10-minute animated video about Drive. Over the past few weeks, several people who’ve watched it have asked me how I created such an elegant and compelling piece. Today I provide the answer: I had almost nothing to do with it.


In January, I talked about the book at the RSA in London. A few months later, the RSA carved out some sound bites, commissioned Cognitive Media to add some groovy whiteboard cartoons to accompany the words, and then posted the video on YouTube. That’s it.


I didn’t know it was in the works or even see the final project myself until a couple of weeks ago, after it had gone live. But now, to my amazement, it’s been viewed more than 1 million times. (That’s, er, slightly more views than my video travel tips.)


Thanks, RSA, for being so innovative. And thanks, Cognitive Media, for such amazing work and for scaring the crap out of the UPS whiteboard guy.

"

No comments:

Post a Comment