Friday, May 6, 2011

What I Believe, by Michael Josephson

Here's a small portion of my personal list expressing the beliefs I want to pass on:

  1. I believe I'm a work in progress and there will always be a gap between who I am and who I want to be.
  2. I believe every day brings opportunities to learn and to do something meaningful.
  3. I believe the true test of my character is whether I do the right thing even when it might cost more than I want to pay.
  4. I believe that no matter how I behave, some people will be mean-spirited, dishonest, irresponsible, and unkind, but if I fight fire with fire, all I'll end up with is ashes.
  5. I believe life is full of joys and sorrows and my happiness depends on how well I handle each.
  6. I believe pain is inevitable but suffering is optional, and if I can control my attitudes I can control my life.
  7. I believe kindness really matters and snide and sarcastic comments and badly-timed criticisms can cause lasting hurt.
  8. I believe there's joy in gratitude and freedom in forgiveness, but both require conscientious effort.
  9. I believe what is fun and pleasurable is not always good for me and what is good for me is not always fun or pleasurable.
  10. I believe no one is happy all the time, but in the end I can be as happy as I'm willing to be.
  11. I believe the surest road to happiness is good relationships.

This is Michael Josephson reminding you that character counts

No comments:

Post a Comment